General Removal Guidelines
The following removal guidelines apply generally to all sales. Please contact us
if you have specific questions not answered here. Individual sales may have additional removal guidelines and we require that all buyers review all terms, conditions and removal guidelines for each sale prior to purchase. You can find the removal guidelines on each sale landing page.
- Buyers are responsible for ensuring that their items are removed from the auction site prior to the designated removal deadline which can be found in the removal information section on each sale landing page. Buyers with items left onsite after the removal deadline are subject to fines of $500 per day.
- No items may be removed until the buyer’s invoice is paid in full. Removal is usually not permitted on the day of sale, unless otherwise specified by the auctioneer. Generally, removal will begin the day after the sale is completed. .
- Removal hours are generally 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM local time Monday through Friday, unless otherwise stated in the removal information on the sale landing page, or by the auctioneer at the time of the auction. Some sites require an appointment for removal. Some lots, designated as "late removal," may not be removed until a designated date after the sale. Please be sure to check the sale's removal information and lot description for each lot on which you bid.
- If any machinery (forklifts, cranes, etc.) must be operated onsite to remove purchases from the premises, the person or company operating the machinery must provide required insurance documentation.
- If anyone other than the registered buyer will be removing purchases from the site, the buyer must provide a signed and completed Buyer Release Form, designating the authorized party and indicating which lots are to be removed. This form can be provided to Hilco personnel on site or faxed into the corporate office at 248-254-9995.
- Riggers and machinery movers frequently offer their services at Hilco Industrial auctions. You will find a list of riggers and movers who have offered their services for a specific sale on the sale landing page in the removal information section.
- Some export, packing and shipping companies have offered services for all Hilco sales or are generally available for hire nationally.
- Please note: Hilco Industrial is not affiliated with any machinery rigging, transport or export company. The names and contact information of available companies are provided solely as a courtesy to buyers. Hilco does not endorse or guarantee the services of any machinery rigging, transport or export company, and cannot be held responsible for any damage or other problems incurred as a result of the actions of those companies. We encourage buyers to employ the service provider of their choice, provided they can furnish Hilco Industrial with the required forms and insurance certification.